Dr. James D. Spivey brings a speciality in periodontics and dental implant services to Lafayette Dental Care. He is known for his exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding clinical surgical care. His knowledge, judgment and experiences have helped him to provide patients with the best care. Since 1995, Dr. Spivey has operated his full-time private practice in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. His practice centers on periodontics and dental implant services. You can find out more about Dr. Spivey and his practice by clicking here.
As an experienced board certified specialist in periodontics, Dr. James D. Spivey provides traditional mucogingival, resective, and regenerative periodontal surgeries. He routinely performs dental implant care from a simple single tooth replacement to the most complex sinus lift, bone grafting, and full arch dental surgery.
Dr. Spivey's passions include providing high quality, innovative periodontal services to the surrounding communities and professional services to national dental organizations. His goals involve working with the dental community to expand the concept of interdisciplinary health care, which encourages dentists and physicians to collaborate with periodontal specialists to provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment. This emphasizes the importance of providing the best quality oral health care to his patients through education, collaboration and communication.
- Professor in Periodontics at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. He spent time teaching dental implant surgery to residents and worked in the faculty dental practice.
- Held co-chair of the Interdepartmental Dental Implant Team at the University of Iowa
- Introduced several new implant systems to the Periodontal department at the University of Iowa, while providing interdisciplinary periodontal services throughout the dental college
- Experienced in extracting wisdom teeth, providing biopsies and intravenous sedation
- Clinical instructor at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Michigan
- Consultant to Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners Board
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology / Implant Dentistry
- Member, Academy of Periodontology
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member and Affiliate, Southeast NH Dental Society